It's foody time ^_^, here is the top 10 salad toppings technique for you. Although it all comes back to your own taste in picking the best toppings for your salad, it is always better to have more combinations to try than none, right? People are always getting bored easily when it comes to daily activities, especially with foods, we can't blame them, that's what makes them human anyway. So, there's no hurting by providing everyone with more and more selection of foods, if you were thinking the way i think, then this is the perfect place for you, keep on reading.
OK, so summer is approaching very quickly and most of us are turning our attention to getting in shape in time for bathing suit season. At this time of year, salads become our friends. We turn to them for their delicious lightness, for a quick bite and for their tried and true body shaping qualities.
But uninteresting salads can make for a very dull meal and a very unhappy eater. And if you don't top a salad the right way, you are going to very hungry, very quickly.
So here's the top ten salad toppings to turn your salads from boring to delightful! Some of these tips are useful for eating salads at restaurants and others are for homemade ones. If you decide to create homemade salads and bring them with you to work, you may want to try those new salad plastic containers that hold the salad in one part and the dressing in another. That way your salad and salad toppings will be crispy when you decide to eat them.
1. Double the lean protein (turkey, chicken, eggs, fish) add chicken & turkey or salmon & eggs. Do this in the event you often feel hungry after your salads. A small more protein may help you go the additional mile to keep away from the vending machine in the afternoon.
2. Add beans, like black, kidney, cannelloni, or garbanzo. Beans have plenty of great complex carbs, fiber & protein. They also help to fill you up & keep you that way.
3. Generate your own dressings as salad toppings. My favourite is a combination of orange juice, balsamic vinegar, & Grey Poupon mustard. You can add some olive oil to make it even richer. I like this dressing with spinach leaves.
4. Add some fruit. Fruit can be great salad toppings. It can turn a boring salad in to a sweet sensation. My favorites are: orange slices (fresh or canned), strawberries, blueberries, & pineapple slices (fresh or canned). In the event you are using canned, sugar-free fruit, use the juice to mix in to the salad dressing.
8. Add apples & pears. Cube up some apples and/or pears & sprinkle these on top of your salad. I like to mix apples & pears with walnuts & have them over spinach.
9. Skip the leaves. Chop up tomatoes, cucumbers, & avocadoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, olive oil & lemon juice. Enjoy.
10. Alter up your vinegars & oils. Spend some time in the oil & vinegar aisle at your local health food store. A used vinegar or oil can alter up your dressings & make for tasty salad toppings. Try mixing apple cider vinegar with apple juice & spicy mustard. Or rice wine vinegar with mirin wine (in the oriental section) & orange juice. Another suggestion: toasted sesame oil & rice wine vinegar with orange slices over cabbage greens.
Those are ten of maybe the best ways to make your salad toppings to the top of the world, as in heavens in the sky, haha am i talking nonsense again? lol ok, enjoy this top 10 salad toppings combination ^_^